Friday, July 27, 2007

Mama's Baby, Daddy's Maybe


Eddie Murphy makes me sick. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but after reading Mel B.'s interview on Essence.com I just think he's a big jerk. Read the story here: http://www.essence.com/essence/themix/entertainmenert/0,16109,1646305,00.html


Several things disturb me about this. According to Mel, she and Eddie "planned" this baby. While I think that's wonderful, I really wish she would have planned a wedding before she planned a baby. Why do women insist on putting the cart before the horse and then wonder why things turn out wrong? When will we learn?
"Mama's baby, daddy's maybe" is about more than questionable paternity. To me it means that mama will always have to take responsibility. Daddy's might or might not. So ladies, before you give yourself to somebody, count up the cost. Can you handle the consequences if you get pregnant. Can you raise a baby alone because you might have to. We need to think. Get smart, girls. Get smart.

No comments: