Saturday, August 25, 2007

Strong Women are Targets for "Beat Downs"



Well, I'm sure you've already heard about this tragedy but in case you haven't, Prophetess Juanita Bynum was "savagely beaten" by her estranged husband, Pastor Thomas Weeks III. http://http://www.tmz.com/2007/08/24/alleged-wife-thumping-bishop-surrenders/ Everyone seems shocked but I'm not. Nothing I hear about church folks shock me any more. I lived it. When I heard about this though, it simply solidified what I had already been feeling. Marriage may not be for me.

There are all kinds of rumors swirling as to why this happened and what could have sparked it. The first thing I said is "She was probably running her mouth." I know that sounds ugly but I didn't mean it that way. What I mean by that is she was probably asserting herself. Standing up for her self. When strong women do that, people say they run their mouths too much.

While I'm not shocked by what happened, I am saddened because it makes me feel that there is no hope for a woman like me. Been there done that and I am not subjecting myself to that mess again. I pray that all is well but this helps me to say I'm through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherraye!

I see that you are divorced, but don't let your "strong will" make you feel as if you will never find the man best suited for you! Girl, don't even let that creep in to your brain stem! lol

Anyway, I just wanted to leave a note. I'll try to check you out again soon!

Sista Shay said...

Sugar,
Thanks for the comment. But I'm tellin' ya...I'm through! :-)