Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kilpatrick Shows No Remorse


Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick has plead guilty to two felony charges, will resign his office and pay a one million dollar fine.


The plea deal was announced during a court hearing and brings to an end a seven-month-long sex scandal that led to felony charges against Kilpatrick and plunged the city, region and state into political chaos.

My response:

I watched the proceedings and I was just...disgusted. Kilpatrick was cocky, he was arrogant, he was smiling, he was defiant. And to a certain extent, I understand...I do. He's trying to send the message that he is undeterred and unbroken. But that's the wrong message to send. He needs to be broken. He needs to be remorseful and contrite. That's why he's in this mess in the first place. His arrogance and need to be hard is why he has brought black folks to an open shame. He makes me sick. Dumb. Just dumb.

Read more of the story here.

No comments: