Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Sherraye Speaks: On Sarah Palin...Barack Is In Trouble


You know, I hate to admit this but I’m listening to Sarah Palin – and I’m impressed. She is ticking me off because she is taking pot shots at Barack but I gotta tell you, if Barack wasn’t my candidate, I’d be a McCain supporter right now. I don’t want to, but I like her. She’s tough, she’s confident, she’s articulate – she’s a threat.

So what I am counting on are the Evangelicals because I know them. And what I know is that despite this feigned enthusiasm for the first female Republican VP candidate, the Evangelicals don’t like it and they will stay home. Because what I know about them is that they are more sexist than racist and, yes, they would rather see a black man in office than a white woman. And they hate her husband. That picture of him sitting there holding the baby and sitting with the kids while she is giving her grand speech ticks them off.

Weakling!” they’re thinking.

I guarantee you, they think he’s a wimp. They won’t vote for Barack, but they won’t vote for McCain either.

Ut oh, she wants to fight the oil companies. McCain just lost.

Now, she’s talking about Barack again. I guess I shouldn’t get mad with her because I know she didn’t write this speech.

I’m looking at these white men…they have phony smiles plastered on their face. They don’t like her either. For once, the men get to fake it.

No comments: