Monday, October 27, 2008

Seminole Spotlight: Marcus Sims


With injuries taking running backs Antone Smith and Jermaine Thomas out of the game, Marcus Sims played both fullback and tailback on Saturday. The North Florida Christian graduate made the most of his chance to lobby for even more playing time by rushing for 29 yards on eight carries.


He also had two catches for five yards and made some key blocks.
"Marcus came in and played real well," coach Bobby Bowden said. "He's really been important to our football team."


Yeah, yeah, I'm biased. So what?! I have not made it a secret that Marcus Sims is one of my favorites on the team. He's a wonderful young man and I want to see him carry the ball even more this year. We need him for the rest of the year, Jimbo. I especially want to see him kick the crap out of Florida. I personally believe he is as powerful a full back as William Floyd. Still looking for great things from him.

No comments: