Sunday, January 27, 2008

Obama Wins Big in South Carolina


Democrats in South Carolina turned out in unprecedented numbers for their primary Saturday and handed Sen. Barack Obama a 2-to-1 victory over Sen. Hillary Clinton.


Obama secured his first win since the Iowa caucuses by claiming 80 percent of the African-American votes.


The turnout of more than half a million eclipsed the Republican turnout from a week ago by 100,000 votes.


This is huge considering that six months ago Hillary had move black support that Obama.


After the polls closed, Obama stood before a crowd that changede "Race doesn't matter!" Ummm...yes it does. That's why you had to do that little chant. It shouldn't matter, but it does.


I'm happy for Barack but I'm telling you, this means nothing. The real test is in the weeks to come and for the first time I'll just come out and say it. I'm supporting Hillary. Why? Because race doesn't matter. I'm looking for experience and despite his charisma and obvious intellectual prowess, I think Barack should wait his turn and pay his dues. I want another Clinton in the White House. But that's just me.

That being said, I will not be mad at all if he wins the nomination. I will vote for him in th General Election.

No comments: