Monday, March 17, 2008

Florida Democrats will not get a "do-over" vote

The Florida Democratic Party gave up on trying for a "do-over" presidential primary.

Democratic Party Chairwoman Karen Thurman, who last week proposed a combination of vote-by-mail and in-person balloting, said the state party will continue its efforts to get the state's 211-vote delegation to the Democratic National Convention seated in Denver next summer.

My response:

I wonder if they would be trying so hard to get these delegates seated if Obama had won Florida. Rolling my eyes...

I spoke with a friend of mine today whose name I can not call because of his position in the Democratic Party, but he expressed the sentiment that many Black folks have.  If they give the nomination to Hillary, he is switching parties.  Come on other, brother.  Come on over to Red side!  :-)  I told y'all the Dixiecrats ain't bout nothin.

No comments: