Monday, March 10, 2008

N.Y. governor apologizes for prostitution link


New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who swept to office as a no-nonsense crimebuster known as the “sheriff of Wall Street, apologized to his family and the public Monday after being linked in news reports to a prostitution ring.

“I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family ... [and] my sense of right and wrong,” Spitzer said in a brief statement he read to reporters at his Manhattan office. “I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family.”

Spitzer, with his wife, Silda, looking on, did not specifically refer to reports earlier Monday that he had been discussed on a federal wiretap as having arranged to meet with a prostitute last month in Washington.

He so dumb.


Stupid. Just stupid.

No comments: