Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Obama: Ferraro's comment about him 'absurd'


Sen. Barack Obama on Tuesday called a comment by Geraldine Ferraro, a top Clinton fundraiser, that he was a major presidential contender only because he is a black man "patently absurd."

I don't think Geraldine Ferraro's comments have any place in our politics or in the Democratic Party. They are divisive," he told the Allentown Morning News.

"I think anybody who understands the history of this country knows they are patently absurd. And I would expect that the same way those comments don't have a place in my campaign, they shouldn't have a place in Senator Clinton's, either," he added.

Earlier, Obama's top strategist, David Axelrod, called for Clinton to sever ties with Ferraro.

I was going to say something really mean but I won't. I will say that this is a prime example of a racist Dixiecrat. I betta not here another person call me a sell out because I'm a Republican. Democrats don't like us either. They just use us and we are dumb enough to let them.

Click the link for the rest.

No comments: