Friday, November 16, 2007

BlackNews.com - Allen Watty's New Song "Sometimes I Wish I Was White" Stimulates Discussion


BlackNews.com - Allen Watty's New Song "Sometimes I Wish I Was White" Stimulates Discussion: " Independent singer Allen Watty has just taken controversy to another level. Watty is best known as the singer of the 'Hurricane Song', which won rave national reviews from ABC News, MSNBC.com, and CNN. Now, he's back with another tune called 'Sometimes I Wish I Was White'. In the song, Watty reveals that he's not at all ashamed of being Black - but that he has learned that you have to be white to be treated 100% equally. Producer and songwriter Irvin Lee, comments, 'First off, we have no self-hatred issues. The purpose of this song is not to say that Blacks should want to be white. Rather, the intent is to make people think and converse about the continuous mistreatment of Blacks in this country.' "

No comments: