Saturday, November 10, 2007

Seminole Spotlight: Ponder This


Tallahassee, FL.: "Christian Ponder, a redshirt freshman playing only because Drew Weatherford was a recipient of an extremely hard hit, rallied FSU from a 20-6 halftime deficit. Showing poise, speed and toughness, Ponder led FSU to a go-ahead score with 3:41 to play in the third quarter. He capped it off with an 8-yard TD pass to De'Cody Fagg. On 3rd and 15 from the 25 Ponder ran out of the pocket and outraced linebacker Brett Warren before going out of bounds at the 3.

Those of us who thought the game was over when Weatherford went out had to reconsider.

Ponder became an important story of the game.

Not the most important story, unfortunately. Tyrod Taylor was impressive to say the least.
But Tyrod isn't a Seminole and this is Seminole Spotlight so I'll talk about him in another post.

I was all ready to throw a temper tantrum when this Ponder kid came in the game. I wanted Xavier but he was in Tallahassee watching the game like me. Then I wanted to know where Richardson was. "Who the hell is he?" I was yelling at my TV. He answered. This kid reminds me of Rooster. I was pleasantly surprised by this young man's performance. I am excited to see him again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Sherraye. He was impressive. I like the new Seminole Spotlight. Thanks for the info.

Anonymous said...

Okul zili
zil programı
okulu zil programı