Thursday, November 1, 2007

I got a trick for your treat

Fewer minorities trick-or-treat, poll finds - State & National: "An Associated Press and Ipsos News Center poll found that white parents are more likely to send their children out on Halloween than minorities. Seventy-three percent of white parents and 56 percent of minorities said their children will trick-or-treat this year. Michael Gross, associate vice president of Ipsos and director of the study, said the results indicate that minorities and lower-income families are more likely to be concerned about the safety of their neighborhoods. He said 91 percent of whites versus 75 percent of minorities polled were confident in their area's safety. The study identified minorities as anyone who is nonwhite. 'It certainly may be a cultural issue or it may be a socioeconomic issue,' he said. 'It's troubling that minorities have this perception that it's not safe for children to go door-to-door in their neighborhoods.'"

My response:
I didn't go trick or treating when I was a child and my children have never gone trick or treating and it has nothing to do with the safety of our neighborhood. We live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Tallahassee. I was not allowed to go trick or treating and I don't allow my children to trick or treat because of the religious implications behind the so called holiday. I'm not going to get into a debate about it but we don't do halloween in this house. As for me and my house, we serve the Lord. Halloween is out. That goes for me too. I have been invited to Hallooween parties for years that I refuse to attend. And that's all I have to say about it.

No comments: