Thursday, December 13, 2007

Casey makes a statement

The following is a statement Casey Weldon made on Thursday to the North Florida Christian football team, students, fans, parents, faculty and staff:

“I want to give so many thanks for the support before this, during this and after this. There are so many people to thank. I just really appreciate the support me and my family have gotten … I’m not perfect, I haven’t been perfect. And when I wasn’t I owned up to it. To the entire school, I just love it. I love it. I loved the opportunity to coach these kids. I felt like I was getting better.

“And I learned so much. I got so much from these last two years. It was the best two years of football that I’ve ever had. And that’s saying an awful lot. It was just so, so rewarding. I hope that these boys will be better men, better husbands, better fathers having been underneath the coaches. Not me, not just me, but all of the staff that we’ve had the last two years.
“I love NFC. And I always will.”

Classy, classy guy. Too classy for NFC.

Read this column about Casey's firing. I couldn't say it better myself.

No comments: