Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sherraye Speaks -- Authority isn't always right

I hate authority. I have no respect for authority. I don't like anybody telling me what to do and I definitely don't tolerate being talked to any kind of way. For that, I do not apologize.

A few weeks ago, my daughter was accosted by a teacher. The teacher told my daughter that she couldn't go in the gym but my daughter explained to her that she had to get her books. When she went in the gym she noticed that other students were in the gym playing basketball. Apparently, the teacher felt it was okay for them to be in there. My daughter looked around, made an observation, and said under her breath but loud enough for the teacher to hear it, "Oh, I can't come in the gym but these white kids can, huh?" She was actin' like her mama. The teacher put her hands in my child's face and was bumping her with her chest. You know I hit the roof don't you?

Then some of the school officials tried to lie. Um huh. After I got through pulling a Johnnie Cochran on 'em they acted like they had some sense.

I don't like authority. Things like that happened to me all the time when I was a child. Grown folks act like they can say anything they want to you just because they are grown. Police officers act like it's okay to beat the crap out of suspects just because they are police officers. Pastors act like anyone who doesn't bow down and worship them will be struck down by God Himself. Please

I can't stand authority. People in authority kill innocent people, frame innocent people, enslave people, and imprison innocent people. I fight against it, I speak against it, I rebel against it.

Really, it's not that I don't like authority. I just hate when it is abused.

Just a rant for the evening. Clearly I'm ticked off about something.

No comments: