Thursday, December 13, 2007

Low down and dirty


Just when I thought the Weeks/Bynum controversy would fall off into oblivion...


Bishop Thomas Weeks was on the Tom Joyner morning show on Monday talking smack about Juanita Bynum.


He appeared to announce the debut of his book, which was selling for $13.95. It included pages detailing what Weeks said were the couple's "weaknesses" in chapters with titles like "Opposites Attract, But Do They Last," and "She Wanted To Be the Next Oprah at Any Cost."


About 48 hours later, "What Love Taught Me" was yanked from distribution with this message on his website to his wife and his Global Destiny church family: "I want to speak to my wife," Weeks pleads. "I haven't been able to talk to her since Aug. 21, but I want to share something very personal and heartfelt. ... I have wounded her emotionally in the last 48 hours. I want to say publicly, globally and privately from my heart, I'm sorry. I am pulling every book that would have been shipped."


Weeks, an author and leader of a global ministry, promises a "full refund" to those who have ordered the book and says he will rerelease it at another date under a new title, "What Love Taught Me — Only."


I'm just shakin' my head. Scandalous. And we act like we don't know why attendance is down at church. Help us, Jesus.

No comments: