Wednesday, December 12, 2007

PetriNO is gone -- Good Riddance

I have never heard Warrick Dunn say a negative word about anybody. But Petrino brings out the worse in one of the nicest players in the NFL.

"We play on Monday night and he's not at the meetings," tailback Warrick Dunn said. "Guys noticed that. We talked about it before the game. Then word gets out this guy might be going to Arkansas. I heard this before the game. To be able to look at him face to face and for him to try and lead you and motivate you is tough.

"He sold us a dream. He put this organization last in his life. He's selfish. He's definitely a liar. One of the things we have hanging in our meeting room is [a sign] 'Finish.' If he wanted to leave, you can at least finish three more games. It's 18 days. You can finish it and say, 'You know what, this wasn't for me.' You can respect that. But to let it go yesterday the way that he did and the disrespectful way that he did it, to me he has no heart."

My response:

I don't know why everybody is acting all hurt because Petrino is gone. I say "Good riddance." He was a horrible coach. One thing that I noticed was that he hardly ever gave Ovie the ball and he made Dunn look like he was done. Now that he's gone, maybe the Falcons can have a winning season next year.

No comments: