Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Democrats for Education Reform? OMG!!!

I tell ya, this internet thing is alright.

So, I was reading through some blogs today and came across this website. You should check it out for yourself, but here's a statement that I like:

"A first-rate system of public education is the cornerstone of a prosperous, free and just society, yet millions of American children today – particularly low-income and children of color - are trapped in persistently failing schools that are part of deeply dysfunctional school systems. These systems, once viewed romantically as avenues of opportunity for all, have become captive to powerful, entrenched interests that too often put the demands of adults before the educational needs of children. This perverse hierarchy of priorities is political, and thus requires a political response."

They are saying some good stuff. I particularly like one of the statements about how teacher's unions undermine charter schools. I hate the NEA and their cohorts. They make me sick. They don't care anything about children. And they really don't do a whole lot for teachers. Make me sick.

No comments: