Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Obama continues to chip away at Clinton's base


Hillary must win Ohio and Texas or it's a wrap for her.


Sen. Barack Obama continued his winning streak since Super Tuesday two weeks ago, picking up his ninth and tenth states in a row -- Wisconsin and Hawaii.


But as significant as Obama's accelerating momentum is how he is increasingly swaying voters that Clinton could count on at the beginning of February.


While Obama has been solidifying his base of younger, college-educated, higher-paid voters, he has steadily been chipping away Clinton's base of blue-collar, older, working-class voters.


On Tuesday, Obama captured 53 percent of Wisconsin's white voters compared to 41 percent of those voting on Super Tuesday. He won 48 percent of women in Wisconsin compared to 41 percent on Super Tuesday.


My response:


I stand by my earlier posts in which I stated I am supporting Hillary. She has been around longer, she has been committed to civil rights issues, and she and Bill have been in our corner. But if Barack wins the nomination, I won't be mad - at all. Shoot, I'm even thinking of switching back to the Dixiecrats - I mean Democrats.

No comments: