Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Michelle explains herself


Michelle Obama says she’s always been proud of her country, but for the first time she’s “seeing people rolling up their sleeves in a way that I haven’t seen.”


She had told an audience in Milwaukee that, “For the first time in my adult life, I am really proud of my country. Not just because Barack is doing well, but I think people are hungry for change.”


A number of commentators jumped on the remark and Cindy McCain, wife of Republican presidential candidate John McCain, sought to capitalize on it, saying “I have, and always will be, proud of my country.”


My response:


Shut up, Cindy McCain. You sound like an idiot. Were you proud of your country when four little black girls were killed in a church bomb?


Were you proud of your country when Black Wall Street was burned to the ground and hundreds of innocent people were killed?


Were you proud of your country when Emmitt Till was killed or when the teenagers were bitten by dogs and had water hoses turned on them?


If so, then I question your patriotism as well as your sanity you stupid, heffa.


Rollin' my eyes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are many ways Cindy McCain could be ripped apart for that foolish dig.

I'm a single mom, I just applied to FSU Law and I was born in Bartow! Crazy! How do you like FSU?

Sista Shay said...

Hi, Symphony! We must talk. Shoot me an email and I'll tell you everything you need to know. I love FSU and I would recommend it over any law school. Seriously.
sherraye@gmail.com