Friday, February 29, 2008

Who should answer the phone?


Democrat Barack Obama accused his rival Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday of trying to "scare up votes" with a television ad showing sleeping children and asking who would be more qualified to answer a national security emergency call at 3 a.m.


"We've seen these ads before," the Illinois senator said while campaigning in Texas. "They're the kind that play on peoples' fears to scare up votes. Well, it won't work this time. Because the question is not about picking up the phone. The question is: What kind of judgment will you make when you answer?"

Personally, I want Hillary to answer the phone...but that's just me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's no more qualified than he is truth be told. She has never dealt with an international crises. Her experience is a myth.

McCain is the only one with foreign relations policy but he kills me in his seemingly lack of interest in domestic affairs.

I can't imagine him in a debate on domestic issues with either Democratic nominee.

Sista Shay said...

I don't know, symphony. I think Hillary would be fine. She strikes me as a tough cookie and a woman who would not be afraid to defend the country.

As far as McCain, I can't stand him. This is one Republican who will be voting Democratic this Presidential election. If I had to choose between Barack and Hillary, I choose Hillary. Barack is just too liberal for me but I do like him. Hillary is more of a centrist.