Friday, November 7, 2008

Celebration in the Netherlands

A young man that I went to law school with sent me the following message. 

What's up, friends at FSU!


Congratulations with your new president of the USA, Barack Obama. This is history in the making.
In some way he's also the president of the world (for example 88% of the people in the Netherlands would vote for Obama if they could).


At 6 am (CET) yesterday I woke up to hear his acceptance speech coming out of my alarm clock radio. That's one cool way to start the morning, is it not? My brother told me he literally shed tears of joy when he turned on the TV and heard the news.


I'm 200% sure that people from out of the USA will have a whole different look at the USA......plus with him as the president I don't have to be scared to visit the States the next 4 years.


Serious, I would have to avoid the States if 'Mr. Magoo' was elected as the next president, *lol*
I can't wait until Obama comes to The Hague/the Netherlands for a State visit.


Greetings,
Luciano
(P.S. I wonder when the Netherlands will have the first black Prime Minister in the Netherlands. Maybe I make myself a candidate, who knows.)

That P.S. made me cry...again. 

No comments: