Thursday, November 6, 2008

Karl Rove On Barack Obama

O'REILLY: All right. Are you worried about Obama? Are you worried about this man?

ROVE: Look, I think…

O'REILLY: Come on, tell me the truth as an American, not as a pundit, not as a…

ROVE: Let me tell you what I feel as an American. First, as an American, I love my country and I want my president to succeed.

O'REILLY: So you want him to succeed…

ROVE: I want him to succeed.

O'REILLY: ...even though he's in the other party.

ROVE: That's right. Look, I was there when a president came in whom a lot of people in this country said, we don't think he's president, we will never accept him as legitimate. And I saw how bad it was for the country.

O'REILLY: The Bush haters.

ROVE: The Bush haters. And so I don't want to be one of those. I want to be a person who says I want our new president-elect to succeed. When he takes that oath of office after January 20, it's the obligation of every American to give him a chance. And we agree with him when we think he's right. We hope he's open to persuasion if his mind is open and not made up. And when he's wrong, we do have an obligation to say with all due respect we disagree...

O'REILLY: All right. So you still have questions about him.

ROVE: And look, but here's the point. Now he's got the job. And we got to — every American hope that he is and pray for and support him in being up for the job.

Read the rest here.

No comments: