Saturday, November 8, 2008

Peter Boulware Loses

Republican Peter Boulware didn't gain enough votes from ballots counted Friday to force a recount in a race he lost by 430.

Rehwinkel Vasilinda won with 48.6 percent of the vote and Boulware got 48.1 percent. John Shaw, who ran with no party affiliation, got 3.3 percent. Here's the final vote count:

Rehwinkel Vasilinda: 41,362

Boulware: 40,932

Shaw: 2,808

In the final tally, Rehwinkel Vasilinda and Boulware were separated by 0.5053 percent. State law calls for a recount when the difference is under half a percent. Boulware missed a recount by 10 votes.

My response:

I probably shouldn't say this because Peter is a fellow 'Nole but he lost and I say goody for him. He's arrogant, conceited and sooooooooo stuck up. I offered to help him with his campaign and his response to my sincere offer was, "Just vote for me as he walked away without even looking in my direction."

Ass.

I'm sure he thought he had this election in the bag because he's the great Peter Boulware who used to be an FSU and NFL star. Let this be a lesson to you, Pete. Nobody cares who you used to be. We care about who you are. Bet you wish you'd accepted a little more help on your campaign now, huh?

That's what you get.

Next time, don't be so arrogant. Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.

No comments: