Sunday, November 23, 2008

Gov. Crist applauds FSU's Myron Rolle for his Rhodes scholarship


Gov. Crist today issued a written statement congratulating FSU football player Myron Rolle, who has been awarded a Rhodes scholarship.
Here is the full statement:


“I want to congratulate Myron Rolle for his selection as a Rhodes Scholar. This is a prestigious honor, one that Myron has worked hard for at Florida State University while juggling his achievements on the football field. As a graduate of Florida State, and on behalf of all Seminoles, I wish him great success moving forward in his studies. Myron is the second Rhodes Scholar from Florida State in the past two years, and I am so proud of our state universities for what they are doing for students like Myron."


My response:


Every time I mention Myron Rolle or Rhodes Scholar my son rolls his eyes at me. He is sick of the subject. But I don't care because the message that I have for both my children is "No excuses. Black folks can do anything." I said it before but it bears repeating. I'm so proud to be a Seminole and yes, I'm proud to be black in this great country, America.


Go Noles!!!!!


Read the rest.

No comments: