Monday, October 29, 2007

Black radio hosts call for national economic boycott | ajc.com

Black radio hosts call for national economic boycott ajc.com: "A contingent of black radio talk-show hosts are calling for a national economic boycott Friday to protest what they consider racial and economic injustices across the country. Attorney Warren Ballentine, who hosts a morning drive talk show that appears locally on WAMJ-FM, is urging people to not spend any money Friday"

My response:

Ummm...I got to go Starbucks EVERY morning. Is there another way to show I'm down for the cause?

No, I'm kidding...kinda. Ya'll know that Starbucks coffee be calling you like crack was calling Pooky in New Jack City.

Anyway, I understand the premise for the boycott. I just don't think it's going to do a whole lot of good. What difference does it make if we wait to spend money one more day. Either way the money will be spent. I think something else needs to be done. At least he's trying to do something though.

No comments: