Monday, October 15, 2007

What's Really Happening?


I tried not to say anything. I said I wouldn't comment. I've never been able to keep my mouth closed so why do it now?


Something is wrong with my beloved 'Noles. It leads me to ask the unthinkable. Is Bobby Bowden a racist?


I ask this question because I can not for the life of me understand why Drew Weatherford was sent into the game against Wake Forrest on Thursday night. Xavier did a good job in the first half and even with the interception that led to his being benched for a series, Drew''s insertion was unwarranted and baffling.


Nothing against Drew. I like him. He's a personable young man, but he had no business being allowed to go into the game. This is pure speculation, but if X, who had the hot hand, had been allowed to go in when Drew was sent in, we may have scored and perhaps even won the game. Instead, we went three and out.


Now, there were other issues. Number 98 ticked me off so bad I wanted to reach through the tv and bench him myself. He kept two crucial drives alive for Wake Forrest when they were about to have to turn it over. Dumb.


Then there was Greg Carr, whom I happen to like a lot, but in my opinion he was the one at fault for the interception. He let that little midget #2 get behind him. (Nothing against #2. The young man is good. He just made me mad when he caught a ball that was clearly meant for Carr).


Anyway, it seems to be that the coaches are looking for any reason they can find to bench Xavier. I don't know what the problem is. Did X make somebody mad? Can he read the play book? Are the boosters pressuring Bobby to play Drew? What is it? I'm looking for any explanation other than the one that so many say it is. I know God fearing Bobby Bowden can not be against playing a black quarterback.


Somebody tell me what it is.

1 comment:

plez... said...

well, Bobby Bowden did play Charlie Ward all the way to a Heisman Trophy back in the day... but then again, the 'Noles were pretty good back then! *smile*

i was a bit dismayed when he yanked Xavier Lee in favor of the erratic Drew Weatherford... it wasn't like the 'Noles needed a spark... and you could tell from the opening kickoff that they were gonna lose anyway!

that o-line is atrocious and Weatherford is ill-equipped to escape a blitz like Lee can... i only hope that he allows Lee to finish off the season (the season has been a Lost Cause since that loss to Clemson, anyway!).

plez...
GO JACKETS!