Friday, October 19, 2007

Martinez steps down

Sen. Mel Martinez resigned today as the head of the Republican National Committee.

'It was my goal as general chairman to lead the party as it established the structure and raised the resources necessary to support our presidential candidate and ensure Republican victories next November,' he said in a statement today. 'I believe we have accomplished those goals.

My response:

Um huh. Mel stepped down because the Republicans are about to get the snot beat out of them in the Presidential election and he doesn't want to take the heat. I don't blame him.

The Republican candidates are absolutely horrible. And some of you will disagree with this statement, but I'd vote for Bush again over any of the current frontrunners. That being said, I like Obama, but I think Hillary is going to take it. Speak on it.

No comments: